LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Monday, July 13, 2015

Interview with Rich Porter


Rising indie hip hop recording artist Rich Porter talks with South East Hip Hop Magazine about his past, present and future, working with Gucci Mane and more!  Read all about what he has to say below.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How are you doing Rich Porter?
Rich Porter:  I'm cool as the wind



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How long have you been rapping?
Rich Porter: Since I was 8 but I took it serious at 13 or 14.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What inspired you to want to rap?  
Rich Porter: My struggle.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who are some of the artists you grew up listening to?
Rich Porter: Tupac, Biggie, Twista, DMX, Busta Rymes, Aaliyah, & Jay-Z just to name a few.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who are some of the artists that you listen to right now?  What's in your ipod?
Rich Porter: Woow! Well I'm my biggest critic as well as my biggest fan, so my ipod & thumb drive stay loaded with Rich Porter, Drake, Gucci Mane, Dej Loaf.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How would you describe your sound as an artist?
Rich Porter: I consider my sound to be unique with a universal flow, something like gumbo. Ha ha.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Speaking of sounds, what type of beats bring out the best in what you do?
Rich Porter: Mellow, cool, & laid back but I'm content with anything.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who have you worked with?
Rich Porter: I've had the opportunity to work with some legends in this game such as Gucci Mane, Snoop Dogg, Yung LA , DJ Victoriouz, DJ Pain 1, and John Boy.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who would you like to work with in the future?
Rich Porter: I'm open to everybody that's working hard.  Definitely Lil' Wayne, Drake or Nikki Minaj.


South East Hip Hop Magazine: How is the music scene in Wisconsin?  
Rich Porter: It's getting better.. The talent here is beyond beyond tho ha-ha.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What have been two highlights in your music career so far?
Rich Porter:  My song w Gucci Mane & my very first video "I'm Bad".


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What was the worst experience you've faced in the industry so far and how did you learn 
or bounce back from it?
Rich Porter: I had a recording / publishing deal with Sony, Columbia, Epic & I totally kinda blew it.  Valuable lesson learned "stay out of trouble".



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How did you meet Dee Jordan?  How has working with her furthered your music career?
Rich Porter:  I met Miss Dee through twitter.  My hard work caught her attention and from that day forward we made the puzzle fall into place.  I'm honored to be apart of everything she is doing.  Amazing woman!


(Dee Jordan the PD of In Ya Ear Radio and
member of Blacktopia)





South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Is there anything else you would like to plug?  Any shout outs?  

Rich Porter: Shout out to my Brother Bald, My cuzo Jovy Bagz, My Unc Steph at PJL Management and all my supporters!  #Salute.


_______________________________________
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER AMAZING ARTISTS FEATURED IN SOUTH EAST HIP HOP MAGAZINE.

Listen to the new solo mixtape from 9Ten Mobb's very own Yung Abundance here at this direct link http://www.datpiff.com/Yung-Abundance-Introducing-Yung-Abundance-mixtape.705656.html





Listen to the new single by Ron Beatty "Heard About Me" (produced by Kilo Davinci) here at this direct link 




 
Check out the new single from General Grown titled "Champion" here at this direct link




Rhyme Scheme's latest EP Progression is now available!
Check it out here at this direct link
https://rhymescheme41.bandcamp.com/album/progression-ep

No comments:

Post a Comment