LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Interview with Lil' Hines (Speaks about "A Few", growing up in Georgia and more!)



Check out this one on one interview with rising Atlanta, GA stationed rap artist Lil' Hines.  In this interview Lil' Hines sits down with South East Hip Hop Magazine to talk about his new single "A Few", making music coming up, the concepts behind a lot of his songs and more!  Read all about it below.  




South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What's up Lil' Hines?
Lil' Hines: What's up Southeast Hip hop Magazine? What's Good




South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Doing well, thanks for asking.  Where are you from?
Lil' Hines:     I'm originally from Riceboro Ga aka "Backwoodz" 912 area code.  Southeast Ga 4hrs away from Atlanta.  I currently live in Atlanta South Side College Park. 



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How long have you been rapping?
Lil' Hines:   Since I can remember probably around 12 or earlier. I made my first full mixtape with about 16 songs in the 7th grade.  I entitled it My World. It was on cassette tape back then (laughs). I would pass it around to my class mates and let them listen to it.



South East Hip Hop Magazine: What inspired you to become a rapper?
Lil' Hines:  I was always musically inclined.  I learned how to play the drums at my local church at a young age. I also had passion of writing poems. I would write for class projects, and write my own Easter and Christmas speeches. So I just kinda put the 2 together. When my aunt (Rest In Peace) bought me my first beat machine I took off from there.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who were some of the rappers you grew up listening to?
Lil' Hines:   I had a older brother so a lot of the music he put me on to was what him and his home boys was listening to. So back then it would have been Outkast, UGK, Goddie Mob, 3 Six Mafia, Ghetto Boyz, 8ball and MJG, Scarface, Jt Money, Trick Daddy, Paster Troy, a lot of the down south rappers. When I got a little older and branched off I picked up some Biggie, Nas. Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, Fabolous, DMX, and the Ruff Ryders, Missy Elliott Snoop and Dre, TI, Jeezy, Ludacris, Lil Jon, Master P, but what I mostly listen to was the whole Cash Money Click. Hot Boys, Big Tymers, Wayne, Juvie, Turk, BG, Mannie Fresh and Baby! Once I heard them I rarely even listen to anything else, I was hooked. That's when I started to take the rapping thing serious.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who are some of the artists you listen to now?
Lil' Hines:   I listen to Future, Meek Mill, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Lil Wayne, Ace Hood and of course still the OG's that I listed above.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Lil' Hines:  I always speak the real. I speak the truth. I talk and rap about things I can relate to or that I've been through or experience and in return my fans relates to  it. They understand where I coming from. I rap from the heart while keeping it real at the same time.



South East Hip Hop Magazine: Could you tell the readers a little about your new single "A Few"?
Lil' Hines:   Yea sure "A Few" came from a place I think we all can relate to as well. A lot of people can count on one hand how many friends they have, and it's not as much as you think. When I say "FRIEND" I mean like  your best friend.  Ya'll grew up together or were in diapers together and been through everything together.  You can call on them anytime no matter what.  Those type of friends are rare. "A Few" talks about people who you thought were your friends but they turn out not to be what you thought or expected, and I talk about situations where they say they are your friend but they're lying on you, or plotting against you, or hoping you're not doing better than them. Those people have negative energy and I don't want to be around them.  So that's why I only rock with a handful of people I trust.  That I can relate and vibe to, who will make me better as a person, and tell me when I'm right and when I'm wrong and likewise. So if you're not that person and true to yourself or "Real as they call it in the streets then i can't rock with you at all.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who did you work with for this single?
Lil' Hines:  I got the beat from SM Tracks & K.E on the Track. They are known for producing for some of the hottest industry and independent artist in the game right now. Look them up and check out their work. Too many to name.



South East Hip Hop Magazine: What are your plans for the future as an artist?
Lil' Hines:   My plans are to continue to perfect my craft and grow as an artist. Do more shows, make new music, go on tour, do more collaborations, and become an even better artist than i was yesterday.



South East Hip Hop Magazine: What would you like the readers to know about you that we haven't discussed already?
Lil' Hines:  That I'm a cool calm collective laid back dude. I like to party,  travel. eat, and then sometimes I like to chill, but I absolutely love Music. It is my passion. I would do it everyday if I could with no pay.  It's my drug, it's my escape from reality. Follow me as i take you on this journey with me. There is nothing we can't do or accomplish. I want to get back to making "Real Good Music".


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Any shout outs?
Yea make sure you download my new single Lil Hines "A Few". Shout out to all my family and fans!!! Thanks for the love and support! Go visit my website https://Lilhinesmusic.com for all the latest news and events going with me. Follow me on twitter @LilHines. on Instagram @the_real_lil_Hines and on Facebook LilHines Music. And last but not least shout out to Southeast HipHop Magazine for this interview Salute!


____________________________________________

 

Gunplay LIVING LEGEND coming July 31st
Check out the new single by Gunplay ft. Rick Ross "Be Like Me" here at this direct link
http://www.spreaker.com/user/southeasthiphop/gunplay-be-like-me-ft-rick-ross





GET FLY Summer!  Check out the Get Fly Summer Apparel and EP by Mono Bagends at 






Listen to the new solo mixtape from 9Ten Mobb's very own Yung Abundance here at this direct link http://www.datpiff.com/Yung-Abundance-Introducing-Yung-Abundance-mixtape.705656.html





Listen to the new single by Ron Beatty "Heard About Me" (produced by Kilo Davinci) here at this direct link 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXVz3OC1H-Y









 
Check out the new single from General Grown titled "Champion" here at this direct link




Check out the new single from Lil' Hines titled "A Few" (produced by K.E.) here at this direct link
https://soundcloud.com/lilhines/a-few

No comments:

Post a Comment