LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Artist Spotlight: Flyy Drexler



Flyy Drexler has enough grit, presence, and writing skill to energize any crowd with his performances. It's a fuel that burns full-throttle, ignited by his unique voice and the power and passion of his songs. Nowhere is that more evident than his initial single release on SNMG/Red, “Came From Nothin,” a gritty anthem about just that; coming from nothing.


 A native of Southeast Washington D.C, Carlos “Flyy Drexler” Curry started his rap career at the age of 16. He entered the hip hop world as a member of the locally praised rap outfit “Infinity”. Realizing that he had a talent and desire to create music, he moved to North Carolina to perfect his craft. While in high school, Curry released a string of independent mix tapes that he sold to his peers. He knew his talents were ready for the next level when those projects started to garner praise as well as substantial profit. Flyy Drexler’s style is diverse and effortless. By studying radio hits, underground records, and the street culture he learned to weave classic street tales with easy to access hooks. His ear for Hip Hop, R&B, and alternative rock has influenced his style and ability to reach different musical audiences. 


What separates Drexler from any other rapper is his ability to turn out consistently good music at a faster rate than most artists. To date, his mix tape album F.M.F.M.L (Forgive Me For My Lateness) garnered over 65,000 downloads on Datpiff.com. The follow up project was downloaded over 35,000 times. When asked about his music, Flyy Drexler states “I'm as good as my competition. If you put me on a platform where I have to prove I belong I will show up! Without a doubt I give it my all - 1000 percent.” 


SNMG Label honcho Nicky Braddy states, “We’re so excited to have Flyy as part of our roster. We see great things for him going forward.” As for Flyy, "This moment is a personal win for me, it’s like a dream come true. I am thankful for the opportunity given to me by Sony Red and Mitch Dudley to show the world what I’ve got."


CHECK OUT HIS CURRENT SINGLE HERE AT THIS DIRECT LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment