LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Interview with Ill Logick



Rapper / event promoter Ill Logick talks to us about his music, his history as an emcee, Illogical Events and his upcoming hip hop network event Underground Connections among other things.  Read all about what Ill Logick has to say.  


South East Hip Hop:  Why do you call yourself Ill Logick? 
Ill Logick:  It was a name I got from my grandfather actually, I lived with my grandparents for a couple of years in high school. I used to get into a fair bit of trouble growing up and it wasn't anything new to me, but getting scolded by parental figures was. So when I get in trouble, I would lie (to try to get out of trouble), but I would come up with reasons that were highly illogical like getting caught with a girl on top of me and explaining she was teaching me how to stretch or something like that.


South East Hip Hop:  How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Ill Logick:  As an artist, I try to stay more grounded with my topics, mostly talking about real life stories or situations.  I have been through a lot of crazy situations in my life and it definitely shows in my music.  I wouldn't say I’m a “conscious artist”, I would say that I’m just grounded to reality, and acknowledge the positives and negatives that life holds.


South East Hip Hop:  What type of beats bring out the best in what you do?
Ill Logick:  I would say my favorite beats carry a very melodic tone, the type of beat that you hear, and before you even hear the lyrics, you can already see a story unfolding.


South East Hip Hop:  Do you buy beats?
Ill Logick:  I’m not opposed to buying beats, but the majority of exclusive beats I use were given as gifts from producers I have encountered.


South East Hip Hop:  What projects do you have out right now?
Ill Logick:  I was actually a few tracks short of releasing Rough Copy, but a few months to the expected deadline, my computer was knocked over and all of the tracks were lost except for the few I had on a demo CD.  I am currently working on putting together an album right now, but I can not release the name of the project.


South East Hip Hop:  Now lets talk about Illogical Events.... what can people expect at your events?
Ill Logick:  When Illogical Events puts together an event, we always highlight a good vibration and bringing the community together. It is a party with-in an event, creating the right environment and atmosphere is a large part of this.


South East Hip Hop:  How long have you been organizing shows?
Ill Logick:  I have been organizing shows and promoting them for about 3 years now and only 1 year and some change running Illogical Events


South East Hip Hop:  What venues are Illogical Events held at?
Ill Logick:  Illogical Events has primarily been in Orlando, Fl at venues such as 57 West, The Peacock Room, Bombshells, but we also held a show in Tampa, Fl as part of Underground Connections


South East Hip Hop:  What DJs do you have at these events?
Ill Logick:  The DJs have ranged from events with some local names like DJ Mezmriz, DJ Fugi, but have also worked with Red Bull freestyle champion DJ Rincon


South East Hip Hop:  Who are some of the artists that have performed at your events?
Ill Logick:  I try to stay with aiding the community and local artist to get a platform, but I have also had Grind Time Now and Gorilla Zoe as entertainers at our events.


South East Hip Hop:  Do any of the performers get paid, or is it strictly for exposure or does it depend on their status?
Ill Logick:  It does depend on status, obliviously there’s people on the local level who expect to get paid, but have no idea what they are doing and there is gold and platinum artist’ that require from 10k – 110k, it really does depend on the circumstances. Although, I still give even local artist’ the chance to make up to 45% from tickets sales.


South East Hip Hop:  Is it hard juggling being an event promoter with being an artist yourself?
Ill Logick:  Yes, it is extremely difficulty. I don’t have nearly as much time to create music as I would like to, but it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make.


South East Hip Hop:  Now lets talk about Underground Connections, what can people expect at these events?
Ill Logick:  You can expect to see a lot of great music, the classic party vibe, with people who have a true love of music. This event was set up to essentially create an underground rail road for artist to be able to move throughout cities, so there will be changing talent constantly.


South East Hip Hop:  What inspired you to reach out to Conscious Mind Records to assist with this event?
Ill Logick:  I knew that this movement was far too large to tackle by myself, I have known Conscious Mind Records for quite some time, and I knew they would be ready to be a part of something that can be so positive to Hip-hop


South East Hip Hop:  How are the other elements of hip hop such as breaking, graffiti, and DJing represented at Underground Connections?
Ill Logick:  Well for our next event we will be bringing out B boys, live painters, and a couple DJs to do their thing.  We want to bring it all together when we do our Orlando show, so we try to get all of the elements included.
South East Hip Hop:  Are there seminar panels being held at this event, or is it strictly performances and networking?
Ill Logick:  This is strictly performances and networking.


South East Hip Hop:  Are there any big sponsors helping out with this event? If so, what names and brands are attached?
Ill Logick:  Right now we are talking with Presidente Beer to become a part of this and we are also trying to get Red Bull on board.


South East Hip Hop:  What has been the highlight of Underground Connections so far?
Ill Logick:  I think the biggest highlight for me and seeing the emcees faces when they just found out they've won the competition. The second would be seeing the crowd getting involved with the show, nodding heads, and jumping around. It’s a very rewarding feeling.


South East Hip Hop:  Who are some of the most interesting connections you've made during your own networking event, just to name a few?
Ill Logick:  So far… I would say Cyprus Hill, Steve Turner (Dolly Parton’s drummer), K Solo, Madd Illz, Louis Logic, Jonny Storm, and Poison Pen… just to name a few.


South East Hip Hop:  What has been one of the downsides of organizing these events and how did you learn or bounce back from it?
Ill Logick:  I can’t say there has been a down side honestly.


South East Hip Hop:  Do you have any advice that you would like to give to other promoters that may be interested in starting up similar events in their cities?
Ill Logick:  If any promoter that wants to start a similar event must be ready to micro manage a great deal. It is very hard to keep in contact with all artist involved, you have to stay on top of it, otherwise things may become hectic as the show date arrives. Other advice I would give is to utilize all of your resources properly, structure is key.






Need an e-mail blast for your Music Video??? Want to reach thousands of people all at once??  E-Mail TheGiantBlast@aol.com for more information or simply click this link

No comments:

Post a Comment