LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Monday, October 21, 2013

Interview with Wess Musiq (He's his own favorite artist!)


South East Hip Hop Magazine recently reached out to rising Florida based rap artist Wess Musiq to discuss his latest mixtape Sumthin' For Da Streetz Vol. 21, his experience opening up for OJ da Juiceman, bouncing back from having his studio burglarized, explaining to us why he is his own favorite artist and MORE!  Read the interview to find out why!


South East Hip Hop:  How long have you been rhyming?  When did you start? 
Wess Musiq:  Since I was 11 years old.


South East Hip Hop: What inspired you to want to get into rapping? 
Wess Musiq:  Watching older rappers perform at concerts grew my interest.


South East Hip Hop: How would you describe yourself as an artist? 
Wess Musiq:  Very talented, diverse, versatile. Willing to work with others.


South East Hip Hop: Who or what are some of your influences? 
Wess Musiq:  Growing up I studied Biggie Smallz, Jay-Z, Tupac, T.I. and Eminem.


South East Hip Hop: Who does Wess Musiq have in his CD player or iPod right now?  Who are some of your favorite artists?
Wess Musiq:  have myself and my other artist in my cd player. I would like to say overall that I'm my favorite artist.


South East Hip Hop: What does Wess like to get into outside of making music? 
Wess Musiq:  As of right now Musiq is my world.


South East Hip Hop:  Who are some of the artists you've worked with? 
Wess Musiq:  Yung Ralph, Bigg Jigg, and Papaduck.


South East Hip Hop:  Who are some of the artists you would like to work with in the future? 
Wess Musiq:  I could see myself in near future working with T.I., Young Jeezy, and 2 Chainz


South East Hip Hop: Could you name 3 highlights in your music career so far? 
Wess Musiq: I opened up for O.J. Juiceman in Atlanta at Club Figure 8, i had the opportunity to perform in front of Juicy J in Destin Florida at club Overboard, I also won awards for being the most diverse artist of the year.


South East Hip Hop: What was one of the worst experiences you've faced in the music industry so far, and how did you bounce back or learn from the situation?
Wess Musiq: it was last year 2012 when I let my guard down and ended up getting arrested, due to getting arrested I lost majority of my belongings.  My studio was burglarized and so was my house.  I was gone for about 9 months, but this year I've already came back up, I learned from my mistakes, and I'm now ready to take this music further than I've ever did before.


South East Hip Hop:  What projects are you pushing right now?
Wess Musiq:  I'm pushing Sumthin for Da Streetz Vol. 21.


South East Hip Hop:  What projects are you currently working on or being featured on?  
Wess Musiq:  I've been featured on at least 30 mixtapes by djs request. Some are on livemixtapes, datpiff, and thatcrack. I'm releasing my album (Power N Pleasure) which will be in stores this December


South East Hip Hop: Speaking of the future, what are your plans for the rest of 2013? 
Wess Musiq:  If god is willing, my plans are to work on more projects and to perform at more venues.


South East Hip Hop: Where do you see yourself and the music in the next 5 years?
Wess Musiq:  I see myself becoming a better business man in music, and releasing 4 platinum albums by that time.


South East Hip Hop: Is there anything else you would like to plug?  Any shout outs?
Wess Musiq: yeah shoutout to DJ Gezza he's been supporting the camp since day one, shout out DJ Sido, DJ Frogie, DJ Colock, DJ C Style, shout out to Paul, King Syph, and Dywane Lyrique, we here.

No comments:

Post a Comment