LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Interview with Some Kosher Yuppy (talks about "In Due Time", and more!)

   
South East Hip Hop Magazine recently caught up with rising hip hop recording artist Some Kosher Yuppy for a one on one interview to discuss his hot new single and video "In Due Time", his latest projects, plans for the future and more!  Read all about what this talented, bright young artist has to say....



South East Hip Hop:  How are you doing?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  I'm doing well life is good, no complaint.


South East Hip Hop:  What's the history behind calling yourself "Some Kosher Yuppy"?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  Well long story short I came across the word "Yuppie" in the dictionary in search of a word to fit the last letter of the acronym "S.K.Y." and the definition stood out to me which pretty much was ; " A young professional regarded as affluent, ambitious. I knew it wasn't coincidence it was a good fit, original and more importantly Me.  I didn't want to have a "RAP NAME" I just wanted something creative & natural… I replaced the "ie" with "y" and rolled with it. The homies just call me Yuppy usually, but yea that's the back-story on that..


South East Hip Hop:  How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  I would describe myself as an artist that is true to the craft on all angles… My passion is studying the game and mastering my approach and what I can offer to the Art… I Don't hold back or compromise, I show all shades of me when I make my music, that's what attracts people to music in the first place… it's that raw relatable feeling or thought that we as humans all have in common that we get to share through music whether you listen to it, or make the music people listen to… 


South East Hip Hop:  Who or what are some of your influences?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  With Life in general my Parents are my biggest influence overall to be honest, they're the reason I challenge myself the way I do they always pushed me to reach to higher levels as a person first, but musically guys like Andre 3 Stacks, Tupac, Kanye, Kendrick Lamar influence me as an artist…. that's just to name a few artist.  I'm influenced by Music Overall, its a real Passion of mine, I'm constantly inspired…


South East Hip Hop: What artists does Some Kosher Yuppy have in his iPod or CD Player right now?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  I've been listening to a lot of Vic Mensa lately… Pusha T's new Album, Danny Brown's New Album, Game's new project… My new Music is on there too of course...


South East Hip Hop:  What makes Some Kosher Yuppy different from most of the artists today?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  I think I'm different simply because there hasn't been another me yet and there never will be… Only I can be me, that's the beauty of individuality… Plus I'm just getting started I have so much progression to do so I'm seizing the opportunity and solely focusing on making the best music I possibly can…


South East Hip Hop: You are down in Orlando, FL right?  How is the music and entertainment scene there?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  Yea I'm in Orlando. The Music scene is growing, especially the Hip-Hop scene. A lot of quality Tours have been coming through the city so people are starting to recognize Orlando for more just than Mickey Mouse and Universal.


South East Hip Hop:  How would you describe Orlando as a City?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  Orlando is diverse, there's a little bit of everything… Especially with it being a tourist city and being world known, it attracts all walks of Life. 


South East Hip Hop:  What are some of the best spots to visit in Orlando?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  Nightlife wise Wall Street is pretty dope, it has a bourbon street vibe to it. Galactic G is probably one of the dopest spots to get Exclusive Urban Street wear… Taco Cheena is a food spot that has some of the best Tacos in town.

  
South East Hip Hop:  Lets talk about your new single and video "In Due Time", for those that haven't heard it yet, how would you describe the single and the video?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  Yea the video is getting some good response… Its one of those feel-good songs that everyone can relate too.  Everyone wants to be successful doing something they love, so knowing that you have to always remember that if you work and put your all into it then, "In Due Time" it will happen… the visual brought the words and vibes to life, during a good day in the city, very laid back scene.


South East Hip Hop:  What response have you been getting from this single?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  The response has been relatively the same, a very positive laid-back, honest concept over a dope beat. Good positive energy.


South East Hip Hop:  What are your plans after this single?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  Right now I'm finishing up my new project No Days Off… so we will be shooting and releasing a visual for a single from the EP and staying active with building the Brand GMATT & making dope music for the Label SCR.


South East Hip Hop:  Speaking of future plans, what do you have planned for the rest of 2013?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  The Plan for this 4th Quarter is to release the project No Days Off and to drop another Video…. Were working on some Dope merchandise right now too, that should hopefully be available end of the 2013 beginning of 2014.


South East Hip Hop:  Where do you see yourself in 5 years as an artist?
Some Kosher Yuppy:  In 5 years I see myself traveling the world and connecting with a lot of people through my music… Really living the Lifestyle and embracing the culture…


South East Hip Hop:  Is there anything else you would like to plug?  Any shout outs?
Some Kosher Yuppy: Yea I want to thank South East Hip Hop Magazine for the interview and all the love.. to Stay updated with the Kid go to my website www.thatyuppyguy.com. Shout out to the Home team SCR x GMATT… The Lifestyle over Everything..

No comments:

Post a Comment