LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Monday, October 7, 2013

Interview with K.T.


Rising North Carolina based rapper KT talks to us about his history as a rapper, Lil' Wayne, his future plans and more!  

South East Hip Hop:  Why do you call yourself KT?
KT:  The name actually just came about when I started rapping, I always use to say A-town and my boy use to always say K-town.  I didn't really like the whole town thing but for some reason the t fit and it stuck.


South East Hip Hop:  What inspired you to want to become a rapper?
KT:  What inspired [me] to become a rapper was realizing that I had been living off the words of another and how it was driving my life. It gave me meaning as well as purpose and I could count on it. Then it turned into me speaking these same words and giving others motivation and meaning.


South East Hip Hop: You've stated that Lil' Wayne was one of your biggest influences as an artist, but your music sounds a little more along the lines of something a Common, Phonte' or Talib Kweli would make... why is that and how did Lil' Wayne's music influence you?
KT:  Lil' Wayne's music influenced me by making me think outside the box. He has a abstract way of presenting subjects and I was drawn to it.  It makes me strive to remain complex yet simple.


South East Hip Hop: Do you see a little bit of yourself in Lil' Wayne artistically?
KT:  I really do. The passion that he shows when he is performing in incomparable and you can't fake that. I share this same passion and I want each person to enjoy what I do just as much as I do.


South East Hip Hop:  How would you personally describe yourself as an artist?
KT: The one word that comes to mind is versatile. I can do the club songs and the catchy songs but at the same time, I can give you what many would consider "the conscious" rap. Whatever the beat calls for is what I will do.


South East Hip Hop:  Who are some of the producers you've worked with?
KT: My main focus had been two local producers that I have found that make great music and work well with me. They go by the names of Soulful and Beanie Beatz.


South East Hip Hop:  What type of beats bring out the best in what you do?
KT:  I really don't have a type of beat. I love the smooth soulful things, but at the same time, I enjoy the club type rougher beats. I give my all in every song and regardless of the beat, you will get my best.


South East Hip Hop: Do you buy beats?
KT:  Yes, I do buy beats and I'm always looking to purchase new material.


South East Hip Hop: So you were born in Germany and ended up in North Carolina... what's the childhood story behind the move?
KT:  My parents were in the army so they were stationed a few different places.  They really liked North Carolina so they decided to settle down there and make a home.


South East Hip Hop:  Has that influenced your music in some type of way?
KT:  It really didn't influence my music because I had never really thought about rapping until my later years.


South East Hip Hop:  What type of topics do you often rap about?  Who can relate to your music?
KT:  I talk about everyday life struggles, relationships, and pretty much anything witty.  I am noticing that a wide range can relate to my music from teenagers to parents. I provide something for all ages to enjoy.


South East Hip Hop:  Are you working on any projects right now?
KT: I am actually working on my second mixtape "Bars & Rawr" at the moment. It will be all original songs and beats. Truly something to look forward to.


South East Hip Hop:  What other artists have you worked with?
KT: That is a field that I am just starting to work into. I wanted to make sure I had a good base, but I am open to collabing and learning from others.


South East Hip Hop:  What artists would you like to work with in the future?
KT:  I would like to work with Lil' Wayne, Drake, Trey songz, Tank, and Daley just to name a few


South East Hip Hop:  Speaking of the future, what do you have planned for the rest of 2013?
KT: My Plans are to finish up my "Bars & Rawr" mixtape and focus on doing more performances. Getting more exposure while getting my name out is a must.


South East Hip Hop: Where do you see yourself as an artist in the next 5 years?
KT: I see myself  as a major player in the rap game. My goal is to not only rap, but to become a performer as well as a entertainer.  Music can give you a feeling like nothing else and It has to be shared.


South East Hip Hop: Where do you see hip hop as a whole in the next 5 years?
KT: I believe hip hop will remain in a decline motion. The art and the meaning of hip hop has been put on the back burner do to this modern day money driven world. It's no longer about the feeling or creativity because the main priority for a good portion of people today is the money. This is what is diminishing hip hop and it is a shame.


South East Hip Hop:  Is there anything else you would like to plug? Any shout outs?
KT:  Shout out to everyone that supports me. I really appreciate it and I can do nothing but return the love. Shout out to Top Flight, Sky Da Limit, and the Family. Shot out to my photographer and main man Donald Wilson. He does epic work and you can check it out at youtube.com/blachcollarent . Certainly last but not least, Shout out to good music everywhere!!

----------------------------------------------------



Need an e-mail blast for your Music Video??? Want to reach thousands of people all at once??  E-Mail TheGiantBlast@aol.com for more information or simply click this link




No comments:

Post a Comment