LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Monday, September 23, 2013

Interview with Jayce Verse





South East Hip Hop Magazine recently sat down with Georgia based recording artist Jayce Verse to discuss his history, his future, his latest single "The Twerk Song" and more in this in-depth interview!


South East Hip Hop:  How are you doing right now Jayce Verse? 
JV: Things are going very well for hip hop as a whole right now so I'm good.



South East Hip Hop:  Why do you call yourself Jayce Verse?
JV: It's a play on words that my nephew came up with and it stuck. 



South East Hip Hop:  What inspired you to want to become an artist?
JV:  I had something to say. I wanted the world to know MY viewpoint, and maybe make some money doing it, but these days its hard.



South East Hip Hop:  How would you describe yourself as an artist?
JV: I'm a sponge, I soak up as much as I can, and then I release it to a tablet. I write by emotion therefore im an emotional artist



South East Hip Hop:  For those that don't know, where are you located?
JV: Ga kin folk! Augusta, Atlanta, Savannah an all points in between



South East Hip Hop:  How would you describe the music scene where you are?
JV: Sink or Swim. Its hard to get independent shows here.So at home we PUSH hard usually its not until  I'm way away from home that I get any real recognition



South East Hip Hop:   What type of beats bring out the best in what you do?
JV: Gangsta, Dungeon bass and hood beats.



South East Hip Hop:  What beatmakers/ producers have you worked with? 
JV: The Track Officialz, Cash Jordan (of the track officialz) Mr. Kooman, All Arounda Beats, Mr Mikeyz, like im always looking to freshen my sound and work with new producers



South East Hip Hop:   Do you buy beats as well?
JV: Yes 90% of beats from my projects have been bought or bartered for



South East Hip Hop:   What other artists have you worked with so far?
JV: RAY MONEE, DREGO THA GREAT, Dru Deadly,Phantom Music Group



South East Hip Hop:   Who would you like to collaborate with in the future?
JV: 8BALL & MJG, M&M, RICKY RO$$, PASTOR TROY, KELLY ROWLAND, CIARA, BRIAN ANGEL, PETEY PABLO



South East Hip Hop:   Are you familiar with a rapper/ beatmaker by the name of Mr. Boom Boom Bang?  He's located in Atlanta.  I think you would sound real good over one of his beats based on what I've heard from you.  Would you ever consider working with him?
JV: No I've never heard of buddy, but I'll research him now, and hell yes I'll work with him!  If you are on ya real grind and you are about finishing a project an pushing it I'm down to do it shawty real talk.



South East Hip Hop:  You have a hot single out right now called "The Twerk Song", for those that have yet to hear it, how would you describe this song? 
JV: Its a party song girls like to shake they ass. Guys like to watch ass shake. I feel I'm doing everyone a public service! GONE TWERK IT GURL!!



South East Hip Hop: Who did you work with for this single? 
JV: The beat came from Cash Jordan, it was engineered and mastered by Richie Ray of Phantom Music 



South East Hip Hop: Speaking of "twerking", what do you have to say about Miley Cyrus and her "twerking" at the MTV VMAs? 
JV: Apparently she has been hanging with the Mandingos, but she needs more ass than that jiggling for me to pay her some attention... We got PAWGS down here. 2 more Whopper burgers Miley then you'll be right babe. 


South East Hip Hop: What has been 3 major highlights in your career as an artist so far?
JV: Being in the top 5 in my city on reverb nation for 6 weeks, performing in Starkville MS with my hommie Stunna Mane, Covering Magazines from other countries.



South East Hip Hop:  What was one of the worst experiences you've faced as an artist and how did you bounce back or learn from it?
JV: I almost died my best friend locked me in a refrigerator an ran home. I was young it was scary. I stayed calm and my grand father found me. So I learned that even if it is your best friend u cant trust anyone, an some people disappear when the heat is on.  In the end you only have you.



South East Hip Hop:  Where do you see yourself as an artist in the next 5 years?
JV: Running the company doing my Birdman 5 star and acting in movies becoming a major force in entertainment



South East Hip Hop:  What plans do you have for the rest of 2013?
JV:  Videos videos videos...did I mention I'ma do some videos?!



South East Hip Hop:  Is there anything else you would like to plug?  Any shout outs?
JV: S/O Nikita soambitious Middleton an the team behind me that makes Jayce Verse a hot artist. To my Social Media followers and fans I love ya'll man for real u make me go hard, and I appreciate it a lot. World MOB Ent. we here at the table eating an we wont leave until we get FULL!!
________________________________________________

Need an e-mail blast for your Music Video???  Want to reach thousands of people all at once??  E-Mail TheGiantBlast@aol.com for more information or simply click this link

No comments:

Post a Comment