LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Monday, May 18, 2015

Interview with General Grown (Grown Ass Man Music)




Current South East Hip Hop Magazine featured artist General Grown sits down with South East Hip Hop Magazine to discuss his upcoming projects, his history as an artist, and more!  Read all about what this rising talented artist has to say in this one on one interview.







South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What's up General Grown, how are you doing?
General Grown:  I'm Good!  Living life and grinding... Trying to make it to the next level... STRAIGHT WORK NO PLAY!



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What's new with you and the music?
General Grown:  Right now I got my next single "Champion", which will be out ASAP, a mixtape I'm finishing up, and I'm bringing on a new management team to help grow my brand as an artist,  and the whole G.M.T record label.  Ya boy got a lot more coming that I will be giving details and updates on in the next week...  



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How would you describe yourself as an artist?
General Grown:  I'm very versatile!  I got way more than one or two styles... There's a lot of different flavors I will be bringing out on my upcoming mixtape... Doing music is something I have a passion for, so I put my all into it... 


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How long have you been rhyming?
General Grown:  Since I was 13... My cousin, homie, and I use to spit off the top of our head for fun.  A few years ago I made up my mind to start doing it fasho, just had to make a way.  Around August of 2014 I started writing, and been taking it serious every sense... 



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What inspired you to want to be a rapper?
General Grown:  I've always been passionate about music.  So when I learned my real lyrical ability, I had to get it out... Honestly music is something I can't go without... Plus I always wanted to be able to show kids no matter where we come from, we can rise above it...



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who were some of your favorite artists growing up? 
General Grown:  I could name plenty of artists from back in the days, from all different types of music.  My favorite hip hop artist growing up was Tupac, and he still is now... Although as I got older listening to rappers like TI, Rick Ross, and Jay Z made me respect the business side of the music more.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What projects are you working on now?
General Grown:  My singe "Built For This", is out for purchase... I got my next single "Champion" on the way.  Mixtape coming ASAP... More project updates will be available over the next week...  



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What can listeners expect from you this Summer?
General Grown:  A WHOLE LOT OF HEAT!  I ain't dropping nothing but heat... Y'all gonna wanna follow me for those updates on my Facebook artist page - General Grown, Instagram - generalgrown, Twitter - @GeneralGrown, Website - www.generalgrown.com... 



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Do you have any shows or performances lined up?
General Grown:  For right now May 14, @ Vinyl @ Centerstage In ATL... June 2nd, @ Flame Bar & Grill... 


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What was one of the worst experiences you've faced as an artist and how did you bounce back from it or what did you learn from it?
General Grown:  Doing business before getting a full understanding of what I was getting into, and who I was getting into it with... I learned to always do your research, and it's better to have a team...


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What's been one of your greatest achievements and milestones as an artist so far?
General Grown:  To be real... being an artist, and plain out doing what I love is a BIG DEAL.  I have made some great achievements in this short period of time.  Not only am I an artist of the Grown Man Team label, I'm the FOUNDER... Starting a label was a SUPER MILESTONE for me FASHO...


South East Hip Hop Magazine: Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
General Grown:  5 years from now I see the team and I winning many awards such as a GRAMMY OR TWO.  The whole GMT movement will be strong as ever.
Grown push without limits so there's really no telling where I'll be, I might even do movies. 


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What would you like to tell the readers that they may not already know?
General Grown:  What a lot of people probably don't know about me is I have been through a tremendous amount of trials and tribulations... It's a blessing for me to even be here.  Everything that I talk and rap about comes from my past or present.  Another thing y'all may not know is I right more than hip hop or music period, I also will be bringing out my other writing abilities.  I like to consider myself more than a artist... 


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Is there anything else you would like to plug?  Any shout outs?
General Grown:  Everybody make sure y'all be on the look out for my next single Champion, my upcoming mixtape, and the whole GMT movement... More updates on the way... Check out my single Built For This, available now... I wanna give a BIG S/O to Southeast Hip Hop Magazine, the Grown Man Team, my Grown FAM, new management team, Lee Fleshman... and all my supporters! SALUTE FROM DA GENERAL!

__________________________________________________
SPONSORED LINKS

Check out the single from 9Ten Mobb titled SMOKE-N-MARY here on iTunes!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/smoke-n-mary-feat.-jamel-single/id955897287






Check out the official website for South East Hip Hop featured artist Az-Iz here at this direct link





Rhyme Scheme's new single "Critical Condition" featuring Gwap Don Dolla SignBad Azz and the legendary Spice 1 is available on iTunes!  Check it out here at this direct link





Check out our newest interview with South East Hip Hop Model Sidney Ware here at this direct link


No comments:

Post a Comment