LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Hip Hop For Better Health: Interview with Sandra Espinal about her Weight Loss Journey




Check out this amazing story from Sandra Espinal about her incredible weight loss journey.  For the "South East Hip Hop For Better Health" segment Sandra sat down with Jay of South East Hip Hop Magazine to discuss and inform readers on how she loss the weight, all the steps it took, how it made her feel and more!  A lot of great knowledge and information was shared, and you can read all about it in the interview below........




South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How long did it take you to reach your goal?
Sandra Espinal:  I wanted to lose weight right after I had my baby I started diets and gave up on them.  So when I became really determined in January of 2013.  It took me about 18 months to lose 100 pounds.  I got started January of 2013 as a new year new goal type of thing.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What inspired you to want to lose weight and get healthy?
Sandra Espinal:  What inspired me to lose weight was after breaking up with my daughters father I was stressed, overweight and very depressed.  I hated the person I was at that time.  I wanted to get healthy for my daughter but mainly for myself to feel good about myself.  I never forget a time I went in to target tried on some jeans size 16 I left the store crying that was the moment I said no more.  Time to be happy and feel good about the women I was.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What types of work outs did you do to lose the weight and maintain the weight loss?
Sandra Espinal:  90 percent of my weight I lost on pure cardio 5 miles a day or better every day.  Walking to the gym is about one mile I would go and come back walking instead of driving and I would do the treadmill or the step master till I reached 3 miles or till my mind said I cant no more.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How often do you work out a week?
Sandra Espinal:  I work out 3 to 4 times a week or mainly whenever I get the chance to squeeze in a workout.  If I don't go to the gym I work out at home using weights, yoga mats, and a elasticity band.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Do you have a set work out routine?  If so, what is it?
Sandra Espinal:  My routine is pretty firm I always do the same step master and then treadmill and weights at home. I'm trying to do more weights since I lost all the weight my skin is very loose.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Did you change your diet?  What do you eat?
Sandra Espinal:  I had to learn that this is a lifestyle you can never think of it as a diet.  I learned to eat healthy and make better choices. I don't eat fast food, breads, red meat and pasta only on my cheat day which I usually try to treat myself once a week.



South East Hip Hop Magazine: When it comes to weight loss, is it more about changing your diet, or is it more about burning of the calories you do consume?
Sandra Espinal:  If you learn how to make healthier choices you will learn that the more healthy you eat the more food you can consume because it's less calories you get to consume more.  I try to eat every 3 hours 3 meals making breakfast my largest meal and lunch and dinner and two snacks with at least a gallon of water a day.



South East Hip Hop Magazine: Is there any other tips you would like to give the readers?  
Sandra Espinal:  My tips for readers are don't give up everyone has a bad day, stay focus, surround yourself with people of similar interests that helps a lot. and always reward yourself for ever 5 or 10 pounds you loose that will encourage you. I have met some amazing people on this journey and people with similar goals will encourage you and motivate you.



Sandra Espinal is also a member of the Facebook Group to encourage others to live a healthy lifestyle and being a support system for others to exercise by the name of Hip Hop for Better Health with group admin and South East Hip Hop featured artist Rhyme Scheme.  Check it out here at this direct link
https://www.facebook.com/groups/355957064606611/
(Rhyme Scheme working out at the Gym)
___________________________________________
SPONSORED LINKS

Get Connected with GENERAL GROWN and all his social media links here at this direct link
http://southeasthiphopmag.blogspot.com/2015/04/artist-spotlight-general-grown.html






Check out the single from 9Ten Mobb titled SMOKE-N-MARY here on iTunes!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/smoke-n-mary-feat.-jamel-single/id955897287






Check out the official website for South East Hip Hop featured artist Az-Iz here at this direct link







Rhyme Scheme's new single "Critical Condition" featuring Gwap Don Dolla SignBad Azz and the legendary Spice 1 is available on iTunes!  Check it out here at this direct link
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/critical-condition-feat.-spice/id975767117








Check out our newest interview with South East Hip Hop Model Sidney Ware here at this direct link


No comments:

Post a Comment