LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Monday, April 6, 2015

Interview with Blackwell about opening up for NAS on April 23rd 2015 in Tampa, FL



Artist Blackwell will open up for legendary hip hop recording artist Nas on April 23rd in Tampa, FL. at Club Skye.  South East Hip Hop Magazine sits down and chats with the rising artist Blackwell about the whole experience as he prepares to open up for one of the artists that he's idolized in Hip Hop.  


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How are you doing Blackwell? 
Blackwell:  Doing good with a new CD coming and shows!


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Blackwell:  Old School meets New School with a grown hip hop kinda feel, I tackle a lot of issues on the positive level towards plus size women, but I also have tracks to hit the streets to keep my street crowd vibin' to me.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How are you feeling right now, getting ready for this upcoming event where you get to open up for the legendary Nas?
Blackwell:  This is a honor beyond honors I grew up listening to him cause his style is straight from the streets sometimes straight gutter but laced every track and keep it real 100% so for this show I have to be on my A game and give the crowd something to witness.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:   Hands down, I know you are a fan of Nasir Jones.... what are your three favorite Nas albums?
Blackwell:  illmaticGodson and I Am


South East Hip Hop Magazine:   What are your top 5 favorite Nas songs?
Blackwell:  1. Hate Me Now,  2. One Mic, 3.If I Ruled The World, 4.Made you Look and 5.Nas Is Like


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  When was the first time you heard Nas?  Take us down that memory lane, what was your reaction?  How did you feel?
Blackwell:  The first time was actually in 1994 when I heard the song "The World Is Yours" and going through a rough time in my life made me feel I could do anything I wanted to do.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:   Have you ever seen Nas live in concert in the past?  If so, how was your experience?
Blackwell:  I got to witness his performance in New York and it was unbelievable the crowd was crazy everybody white, black, Mexican, all races got turned up and I knew what he did on stage is where I wanted to be and to have a crowd like that.




South East Hip Hop Magazine:   How did you get the gig and opportunity to open for Nas for this upcoming event?
Blackwell:  I did a lot of research about the show and found the promoters and emailed them, texted them, and called them all my music and info so they could review it and they liked it.


South East Hip Hop Magazine: What can fans and viewers expect from you from your performance?
Blackwell:  A one man show with a lot of energy and definitely music to move the crowd.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  This may be a little off the record, but what are two of your least favorite Nas albums and why?
Blackwell:  illmatic I only liked a few songs cause I was still getting use to his style and the same would go about the album It Was Written.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Another controversial question.... who do you think won the battle between Jay-Z and Nas?
Blackwell:  Nas hands down!







South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Is there a plan to collaborate with Nas in the foreseeable future?
Blackwell:  If it felt my style  was on his level no questions ask I be down.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  If Nas were to do an album with only one producer for the entire album, what producer would you pick for that project?
Blackwell:  DJ Pete Rock


South East Hip Hop Magazine:   If Nas were to do a duet project with ANY artist on the planet, who would you like for that artist to be and why?
Blackwell:  A collab with Nas and Stevie Wonder may sound off base but to legends in their field and combine soul and street together would be interesting.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Is there anything else you would like to plug?  Any shout outs?  
Blackwell:  April 23rd of the show I will be releasing my new CD "Curvalicious", and my new single "Curvalicious", plus my new line of plus size women clothing called,"Plus and Positive", shoutout to my man D. Jones on the new album, my wifey Francesca Nappo my love and support and my biggest critic and my biggest motivator, everyone at Southeast HipHopMagazine, My Mom and Dad for believing in me, Huniie Parker, all my street fans, bbw fans, it's Blacktime baby!

    ActionsMark as UnreadMark as ReadMark as SpamStarClear StarAllen UpshawCatapult Distributio...Coast 2 CoastMixtape MusicPlus Size HeartbreakUrban Showcase Previous Next 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sponsored Link
CHECK OUT THE NEW MUSIC VIDEO FROM 
BOSS HIPPY TITLED "SO WHAT"
HERE AT THIS DIRECT LINK




No comments:

Post a Comment