LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Monday, November 3, 2014

Just Another Day: Lots of Great Interviews!!!

Just Another Day.... "Lots Of Great Interviews!!!"

by Renee Batson (Miss Afrosoul)



Today is another one of those days, a day of self reflection and reminiscing about all the interviews I have done within the past two years of me doing radio. Three of those interviews have stuck out in my mind, Freeway Rick Ross, Billy Danze from M.O.P, and Gregory Cross.
Let me start with Billy. 




I never would have thought I would have the opportunity to interview a hip hop legend. From day one Billy has taught me what the hip hop game was and what its now become. I remember him telling me about Raps United Nations and how the project provides independent artists a platform in which they could potentially obtain major exposure. The idea of being a "Superhero" indicated to me that he is one of the few well known artists who promote and nurture new talent that is coming from various countries throughout the world.






Moving on to Freeway.
I have come to know Freeways story for a few years now but nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to hear from him directly. If there was one person who made me nervous, it was him. I will never forget the day, my nerves were shot as I knew this was the BIGGEST interview of my radio career. Freeway confirmed my beliefs about the government and what they have done to destroy his life along with the  black community. Freeway provided me with insight in addition to ways in which we should pay it forward, just as he is doing now. On top of all that we discussed how hip hop has changed and how it now glorifies the lifestyle in which he used to live, thus causing our youth to believe that being involved in the drug trade is glamorous.
I am grateful to have had the opportunity to interview Freeway not just once but twice. Since our interview he has been making appearances everywhere, he has recently dropped his first book and also had his first screening of his bio movie in atl. This man has become a testimony of how to change your circumstance and not allow it to define you. I am proud of him and all of his success!


Every interview I learn more and more, about the business along with hip hops influence on the world.
Stay tuned cuz part two of this blog will be all about my mentor, friend, and adviser Mr. Greg Cross.
Jah Bless!!!



Fb: renee batson
Instagram: afrosoul
Twitter: afrosoul420

Also every Saturday 6-8 central standard time We Build Hits!!

_______________________________________________________________
Sponsored Link
Take a listen to our newest South East Hip Hop Magazine featured artist Mike Cobain here at this link 
https://soundcloud.com/king-ection-only/mike-cobain-ftw-fucc-da-world-prod-by-yung-tek

Read more at http://southeasthiphopmag.blogspot.com/2014/10/check-out-new-featured-artist-mike.html#1pKxTJBsJ7bfB3UH.99

No comments:

Post a Comment