LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Monday, November 10, 2014

Interview with Mike Cobain



Check out our one on one interview with South East Hip Hop Magazine featured artist MIKE COBAIN!


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How are you Mike Cobain? 
Mike Cobain:  I'm good working on my project like always. 



South East Hip Hop Magazine: Why do you call yourself Mike Cobain? 
Mike Cobain:  Because of Kurt Cobain.  One day I was listening to Nirvana because my brother listens to all ties of genre, happened to play a song and said I should call my self Mike Cobain as a joke and we laughed then thought that sounded good.   



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Were you ever a fan of Nirvana? 
Mike Cobain:  Yea not really a say "fan", but I'm familiar with they music. 



South East Hip Hop Magazine: How would you describe yourself as an artist? 
Mike Cobain:  As a artist I'm a perfectionist because I will record a song 3 or 5 times different ways to see which one sounds better to different people but I'm humble and still i have that self confidence to. 


South East Hip Hop Magazine: What inspired you to want to become a rapper? 
Mike Cobain:  I started rapping after I heard Get Rich or Dye Trying by 50 cent when I was 'lil but really didn't want to be a rapper till i heard The Black Album & Villmatic.  


South East Hip Hop Magazine: Who were some of your influences coming up? 
Mike Cobain:  Nas, Jay-Z, Kanye, Pusha-T, Pac and Biggie.


South East Hip Hop Magazine: Who do you listen to right now?  What's in your iPod? 
Mike Cobain:  I don't listen to other artists because I don't want to sound similar to anyone because when you hear something a lot over and over in your mind you think this is hot so you start to sound and mimic that so i listen to myself.


South East Hip Hop Magazine: Who are some of the people you've worked with? 
Mike Cobain:  I work with a few people, Gave an artist out of Macon, Raw Rome and Taye Teezy. 
My engineer, but that's it really I don't really pay other artist attention. 


South East Hip Hop Magazine: Who are some of the artists you would like to work with in the future?
Mike Cobain:  I'd like to work with Kanye and hopefully Jay-Z.  O.G's like that no new artist really catch me.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:   Speaking of future, what projects do you have coming out in the near future if any?
Mike Cobain:  I'm working on one now trying to get it all together with my manager but i don't have a date or name but expect it next year soon.



South East Hip Hop Magazine: Where do you see yourself as an artist in the next five years? 
Mike Cobain:  Next five years I see God willing, Grammy or something in that nature couple number 1's singles and album.



South East Hip Hop Magazine: What are your plans for the rest of this year? 
Mike Cobain:  Plan for this year promote myself as a artist and person.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:   Is there anything else you would like to plug? Any shout outs you want to give? 
Mike Cobain:  Taye Teezy and the whole OTM.

No comments:

Post a Comment