LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Interview with FREESTYLE (of The Arsonists)


Check out our latest interview with South East Hip Hop Magazine featured artist FREESTYLE!  In this interview, Freestyle talks about working with his group The Arsonists, his latest single and video "Crystal Ball", where the name Freestyle came from and more!



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  So with a name like Freestyle, do you often just Freestyle most of the lyrics to your songs or do you write as well?
Freestyle:   I only write.  I've never "freestyled" a song, but I've come up with lyrics on the spot in the studio behind the mic while making songs.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who gave you the name Freestyle?
Freestyle:  I named my freestyle.  Back then, it meant "denoting a contest, race, or version of a sport in which there are few restrictions on the moves or techniques that competitors employ:"  I thought it fit me since I was able to write many different styles of lyrics, so I ran with it. it was either FREESTYLE or VERSATILE. freestyle sounded better to me!



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  You've been in the game since the mid 90s, what would you say have been 3 highlights or milestones of your career overall throughout these years?
Freestyle:   
1. The first time i heard myself on national radio
2. Getting with Wu Tang clan in 1992 and linking them with Shabazz the Disciple to form GRAVEDIGGAZ
3. Dropping my first full length album (with the arsonists)



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What was one of your worst experiences of your career and how did you bounce back or learn from it?
Freestyle:   The Arsonists break up. took me years to get out of the funk it put me in, but music finally pulled me out of it and i continued on.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  For those that haven't heard your latest single "Crystal Ball" what would you like to say about the single? 
Freestyle:  It's pure HIP HOP.  It's a tempo that I wanted to bring back: upbeat, makes you move, makes you dance... It's a feel good, positive track.  These things aren't common in hip hop nowadays and I feel there's a need for it.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What do you plan on releasing after "Crystal Ball"
Freestyle:  I'm currently working on new videos for my next singles, which will vary in sound in style, sticking to the original meaning of my name!


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What plans do you have for 2014?
Freestyle:  Lots of new music released by me and The Arsonists, touring solo and with the Arsonists, releasing new music with Logos Apeilh (an MC from Greece), and many more...



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Are there any major plans fans and viewers can expect from The Arsonists?
Freestyle:  New Arsonists album, box set to celebrate our first album, AS THE WORLD BURNS, live shows.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Any shout outs or plugs?
Freestyle:  Thanks south east hip hop magazine for showing interest in interviewing me.  I greatly appreciate it! For all the heads out there, I respond to all I can on the internet.  So if you're trying to contact me for whatever reason, reach out to me at:

ALSO GET MORE UPDATES ON FREESTYLE AT 

No comments:

Post a Comment