LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Interview with Jay Arre about his "State of Mind" and More





Southeast Hip Hop Magazine sits down with rising North Carolina based hip hop recording artist Jay Arre for a one on one interview to discuss his music, projects, past, present and future as an artist and more!  Read all about what this bright, rising artist has to say in this very informative interview about the man behind the music.








Southeast Hip Hop Magazine:  What's up Jay Arre, how are you doing?  Are you ready for this interview?
Jay Arre:  I'm well man blessed, appreciate you asking.  Am I ready?  Most definitely. 



Southeast Hip Hop Magazine:  How long have you been rhyming, and what inspired you to want to rap?
Jay Arre:  Been rhyming since I could remember but translating rhyming into the actual art of rapping I'd say I tapped in around 9th/10th grade. 





Southeast Hip Hop Magazine:  You have quite a few mixtapes available right now, how many projects do you have in all?
Jay Arre:  I've got 4 tapes already out, available on DatPiff.com and I'm currently working on a 5th & my 1st EP. 



Southeast Hip Hop Magazine:  How would you describe the overall feel of your projects?
Jay Arre:  The vibe on each body of work is completely different from the next.  For instance my 1st tape, The Junior, captures early collegiate years and has more of a youthful, lively, experimental rap feel.  Whereas "State Of Mind", my most recent release, embodies more mature, real and conscious hip hop.  I just capture whats going on in life and mine, at the time I write records. As life progresses so does the music. 





Southeast Hip Hop Magazine:  How would you describe yourself as an artist? 
Jay Arre:  As an artist I'd describe myself as that and more. I'm a businessman alongside being an innovator and a creative, as I feel all true artists are.  Moreover, what sets me apart is my brand, my sound/message, and my entrepreneurial ambition. 



Southeast Hip Hop Magazine:  Who are some of your favorite emcees?
Jay Arre:  Favorite emcees are many but to narrow to 5 DOA in no particular order: 
1.Pac 
2.Nas 
3.Outkast 
4. BIG
5. Kendrick Lamar 



Southeast Hip Hop Magazine:  Who would you like to collaborate with in the future?
Jay Arre:  Another 5: 
1. Dizzy Wright 
2. Ab Soul 
3. J Cole 
4. Casey Veggies 
5. Jhene Aiko 





Southeast Hip Hop Magazine: Who have you worked with so far, as far as producers and recording artists?
Jay Arre:  Worked a lot of producers but from my area ChopHouze, Drum N Keyz, Binkz, TCP, Blac ICE, Dreez,  Laphelle Taylor, HD Boy Blahzae and Steve Frazier 



Southeast Hip Hop Magazine:  What has been 3 milestones or highlights in your music career so far?
Jay Arre:  3 milestones thus far: 
1. Getting my business in order with ASCAP & BMI 
2. Performing multiple stages @ SXSW
3. Opening for major artists 




Southeast Hip Hop Magazine:  What has been one of your worst experiences in your career so far and how did you bounce back or what did you learn from it?
Jay Arre:  One of the worst experiences was orchestrating 1 of my very first few shows & having literally maybe 10/15 people in the building or something (laughs).  Just have to realize it's a #Grind2Thrive and it's all growing pains. Understand it's a part of the process, you're building, learn from it and keep it moving. 



Southeast Hip Hop Magazine:  Is there anything you would like to plug, any shout outs?  
Jay Arre:  Shout out to GOD 




Get more updates on Jay Arre at these direct links






INSTAGRAM / TWITTER : @JRCakes336




SOUND CLOUD: www.SoundCloud.com/JayArre 


No comments:

Post a Comment