LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Interview with Ms. Ke (Now it's really PARTY TIME)



Check out this exclusive one on one interview with rising rapper and singer, straight out of Missouri, Ms. Ke!  In this interview she talks about her music, her inspirations, how she got started, her single "Party Time" and more!  Read all about it below.




South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What's up Ms. Ke?  How are you doing?
Ms. Ke:  Hey there I'm doing alright.  I can't complain.  How about yourself?



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  I'm doing well thanks.  How long have you been doing music?
Ms. Ke:  I have been doing music since I was in middle school I would say maybe 12 years old.  If you talking about taking my music seriously and to another level, I would say since my auntie Latosha saw something in me and introduced me to Keygotti.  I've been going hard for a little over a year now working on my music.



South East Hip Hop Magazine: What inspired you to want to do music?
Ms. Ke:  What inspired me to do music?  Aww man I love music.  I've always loved music. Missy Elliot was my favorite growing up.  She was so different.  She always had something new/different coming out.  She for real had her own style and I loved that.  My auntie used to always bump Tupac which I feel is real hip hop, real music which I enjoy listening too. Nowadays, music is not the same they talk about the same ol' same ol'.  Like banging, killing, smoking, degrading women, women degrading themselves, no quality, no story-line, 
they just rapping.  I like to keep it current but leave a positive message when I write or some kind of message to let you know I write this song for a purpose.  Think of MC Lyte and Queen Latifah.  Some artists I feel like are inspirational is Lauryn Hill all day, Tink ( if you don't know her she's from Chicago and she raps and she sings and she is amazing) YouTube her.  Jasmine Sullivan with my vocals yes ! Of course Tupac and Biggie.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Not only are you a rapper, you also sing and write as well..... which one did you start off doing?
Ms. Ke:  I actually started off rapping but I was in church choir and people would tell me that I could sing and I really didn't even know I could sing (laughs) so I started to sing more and people were really feeling it.  I actually stop rapping for awhile and focused more on that then I had to come back to rapping because a lot of male mcs swear woman can't rap (laughs) so I have to definitely change there mind on that.  I've always wrote my music from day one.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Out of rapping, singing and songwriting which one do you prefer to do?  Which one do you feel you are the best at?
Ms. Ke:  Man I prefer rapping myself personally but a lot of people prefer I sing than I rap. I don't know, I think I'm talented at both of them.  I really want to advance in my flow and with my vocals.  I know I can go harder.  My lyrics are who makes me Ms. Ke.  I believe I'm a really good song writer For-real.  All around I believe I'm dope!



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  You also have a single out right now called "Party Time", for those that haven't heard it yet... how would you describe the single and video?
Ms. Ke:  I have a single out right now called "Party Time".  If you haven't heard it yet you missing out.  "Party Time" is a club banger but it's not your normal club banger.  All you hear is it's Party Time and you just chilling in the club, no fonk, no hate.  Just enjoying the company of your friends while drinking on something.  You are gone hear bars, you are gone hear vocabulary, straight lyricism and metaphors.  The instrumental banging shout out to Kds of Midrange Music for the instrumental and shout out to my dope feature who is also a part of Midrange Music, K. Bizzle.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What do you plan on releasing after this single?
Ms. Ke:  I'm planning on releasing my album in January 2016 that's definitely the goal and I have this new hot r&b single I'm really thinking about pushing as well called "Everybody Knows" but I'll keep ya'll posted on that but right now I'm just finishing up my album.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who all did you work with for "Party Time" and the video?
Ms. Ke:  On "Party Time" Ju Rou of Midrange Music directed by my video shoot, Kds of Midrange produced my instrumental and K. Bizzle was featured on my original song of Party Time.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who are some of the people you've worked with in general?
Ms. Ke:  I really haven't worked with any other major yet. I did mention my r&b track I'm thinking about pushing "Everybody Knows".  I have this dope feature name is Lyinheart is ranked #1 in reverbnation with his single "Curly Eyes pt2".  KeyGotti got me a few things going on the works as I type (laughs) so some big things are slowly but surely coming together! 



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who would you like to work with in the future?
Ms. Ke:  Man I still need a track with my bro JVN Barz that's a must first.  I wouldn't mine working with Missy Elliot, Tink, Jasmine Sullivan, John legend, Eve, Lauryn Hill, Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, and E-40.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Speaking of the future, where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
Ms. Ke:  In 5 yrs I see myself on the rise and on a higher level of success.  The progress I've made in a year. I can only imagine the progress in 5 yrs.  I will be on the top me and my team and everyone that was here through the process.   



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Is there anything you would like to plug?  Any shout outs?
I want to give a shout to Black Gatez Empire!  I want to give a shout to Latosha McKnight, Keygotti, and our new teammates April, Michelle and the rest of the squad!  It's go time!



Listen to the single "Party Time" from Ms. Ke here at this direct link


1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can create short links with Shortest and get $$$$ for every visit to your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete