LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Interview with singer Nikia




South East Hip Hop catches up with singer Nikia to discuss her new single "The Drug Song", her history as a singer, working with Charlie Wilson of The Gap Band, getting a song stolen from an artist, and other experiences.  Read all about what she has to say here in this exclusive interview.  





South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Hey Nikia, how are you doing?
Nikia:  I'm doing good.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  You are a singer, with a little bit of hip hop influence in your music... how would you describe your sound and flavor as an artist?
Nikia:  I would say I'm an R&B soul songstress with a pop edge.




South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How long have you been singing?
Nikia:  I've been singing since I was 3 and professionally 13.




South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What inspired you to want to become a singer?
Nikia:  Just hearing other great singers, and the emotions in their songs inspired me to be a singer.




South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who were some of your favorite artists coming up?
Nikia:  My favorite artist were Whitney Houston, Patti Labelle Charlie Wilson, En Vogue, Mariah Carey.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who are some of the artists you listen to now?  What's in your iPod?
Nikia:   Well in my iPod, I have.... its a lot (laughs), Trey Songz, Tamia, Jamie Foxx, Miguel, Alicia Keys, Teyana Taylor, J Holiday, John Legend, K. Michelle, Usher, Tyrese and Toni Braxton.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who are some of the people you've worked with?
Nikia:   I've worked with Shawn Keyes (Just Awesome Music), Charlie Wilson (Gap band) Melissa Morgan Gregory Fields Jr. (AMS Music Entertainment)



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who would you like to work with in the future?
Nikia:  In the future I would like to do a song with Miguel or maybe August Alsina.




South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How would you describe your current single, "The Drug Song"?
Nikia:   The drug song is a fun love song about being addicted to someone like a person would be to drugs.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who are the types of people that would mostly enjoy listening to "The Drug Song"?
Nikia:   I think everyone would enjoy listening to "The Drug Song".  It has a new school feel and a little 90's flair.  



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What was your worst experience as an artist and how did you bounce back from it or what did you learn from it?
Nikia:   My worst experience as an artist was someone stealing a song from me.  I learned that artist have to know the business side of things as well in order to be fully successful and understand the business.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Where do you see yourself in 5 years as an artist?
Nikia:   In five years I see myself releasing 5 more albums and maybe writing some songs for some other artist.  A few Grammys (smiles) and a successful empire, clothing, make up ect.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What plans do you have for the rest of this year, in 2015?
Nikia:  For the rest of the year I will be finishing the album and promoting the single.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Is there anything you would like to plug?  Any shout outs?
Nikia:  I just want to shout out my team #teamnikia and everyone who believes in my craft, and yeah god my mom anyone who worked on the project, my publicist, manager and the fans.  Look for updates on www.soundsofnikia.com 

____________________________________________________
Sponsored Links
 
Purchase the New Book from Author and Poet Aliscia Melton.  
Sunshine BlackRose:  From Origination to Maturation A Transformation in Poetic Form.



No comments:

Post a Comment