LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Interview with Pupp Barber (Rising Florida based Rapper)



Check out this one on one interview with rising Florida based rapper Pupp Barber.  In this interview Pupp Barber talks about what inspired him to pursue a career in the rap industry, what makes his sound unique, his plans for the future and more!





South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What's up Pupp Barber, how are you?
Pupp Barber:  I am good.  Doing very well and excited about my upcoming project.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Why do you call yourself Pupp Barber?
Pupp Barber:   My name originated when I was in college.  I played football and I played as a true freshman and I was one of the youngest guys on the team so all the older guys called me "Pupp" and it stuck with me since then.  Barber is my real last name and I chose to stick with that because it represents the real me and that is what I give in my music. 


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How would you describe yourself as an artist?
Pupp Barber:   I'm an honest, passionate artist who works very hard to improve my craft.  I enjoy challenging myself to do different things with my music and I'm not afraid to take chances and try new things when it comes to creating music. I also try to be as versatile as possible. 




South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What inspired you to want to pursue a career in rap?
Pupp Barber:   I honestly used to rap for fun and write a few lyrics here and there. Then I began writing remixes to mainstream artists' songs and rapping them to my friends. My friends noticed I had talent and one of them was a producer so he gave me some original beats and I came up with my own songs and people liked them and eventually I got a few songs played in the clubs and people liked them and it encouraged me to try to pursue music on a serious level.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who were some of your favorite artists coming up?
Pupp Barber:   My favorite artist who inspired me is T.I. , Trick Daddy, Tupac, Nas, Jeezy  and Field Mob just to name a few. 


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who are some of the artists you listen to now?  Who is in your iPod?
Pupp Barber:   I listen to T.I., Jeezy, Tupac, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne and Future.  I like to listen to all good music to be honest because I like to learn as much as I can from each artist. 


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who are some of the artists that you work with?
Pupp Barber:   I haven't really had the opportunity to work with many different artists. I have worked with a few R&B singers such as Dat Guy Kalvin who is a Florida based artist and Sa Myia who is also a south Florida based artist.  I'm hoping to work with a lot more artists in the future to create the best music possible. 






South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who would you like to work with in the future?
Pupp Barber:   I would love the opportunity to work with T.I., Pharrell, Jeezy, Lil Wayne, J. Cole, Big Sean, Kanye, Nas, Jay-Z just to name a few. 



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  You have a new album coming out, Something to Prove, what can listeners expect to hear on this album?
Pupp Barber:   On my New Album fans and listeners can expect to hear my story and life experiences in a variety of scenarios. I have a few songs that displays the excitement of the club scene for me. I also have songs on there that explain where I came from to where I'm at now. I talk about everything from family to my aspirations of one day becoming a successful artist who will hopefully make millions. I believe the listeners will appreciate my honesty in my music and a variety of listeners will be able to identify and relate to every song on the album. I like to say there is something on there for everybody. 



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What types of beats bring out the best in what you do?
Pupp Barber:   I really love anthem beats.  Beats that challenge me to create a movement. I like beats that will have longevity in the music business that will be timeless.  I also do enjoy the trap beats as well. 


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What producers did you work with for this project?
Pupp Barber:   I worked with several producers such as Drumn' skillz who is a Florida based producer, Killinit who is also a Florida based producer, Gambit who is a Florida based producer and LowKey who relocated to the Washington D.C. and has produced records for Twista and Shy Glizzy. 



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Where do you see yourself as an artist in the next five years?
Pupp Barber:   In the next five years I see myself as being one of the top artist carving my own niche into the music industry. I plan on working hard enough to be considered one of the best nation wide and I challenge myself everyday to become that. 



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What do you plan to accomplish before this year is out?
Pupp Barber:   Before this year is out I plan to expand my brand tremendously and create a buzz that will draw more fans attention as well as other artist in hopes of being able to collab with some of the top artist in the industry right now.



South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Is there anything you would like to plug?  Any shout outs?
Pupp Barber:   I would like everyone to check out my website for updates  www.Puppbarber.com, my YouTube page for the latest videos, vlogs etc. also follow me on Twitter @PuppBarber as well as Instagram PuppBarber.
I would like to shout out AAO music, Signature Seriez Entertainment and any supporters and believers of me and my brand.

_____________________________________________
 
Purchase the New Book from Author and Poet Aliscia Melton.  
Sunshine BlackRose:  From Origination to Maturation A Transformation in Poetic Form.

No comments:

Post a Comment