LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Interview with DJ. Nero Maserati (CW3 RELOADED!!!!!)



South East Hip Hop Magazine recently got in touch with veteran Chicago based DJ, DJ Nero Maserati to talk about his new mixtape CW3 Reloaded that drops Dec. 20th (right along with this interview), his previous mixtapes and just chopping game in general with the Grandmaster Turntablist himself!  Read all about what he has to say!  Shout out to Chi Ann Management for the hook up!



South East Hip Hop Magazine: How are you doing DJ Nero Maserati?
DJ Nero Maserati:  I'm good. Life is great. Blessed


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How long have you been spinning?
DJ Nero Maserati: I been spinning since I was 13. So for a very long time.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What inspired you to want to DJ?
DJ Nero Maserati:  Actually I want to learn to play an instrument but the lessons was to expensive.  So my mother got me some mixing equipment.  If I can remember some Techniques Sp1's and a Gemini mixer, and she told me my grandfather was a DJ so it's in your blood.  I guess it was cause it feels so natural to me.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who or what are some of the things or people that influenced you?
DJ Nero Maserati:  I been influenced my whole life by music. I seen the greatest play in concerts.  Marvin Gaye, George Clinton, Cameo, Run Dmc, LL Cool J, Kool Moe D, NWA just to name a few, and I always told myself I want to do that. Music....


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  You've dropped several mixtapes throughout the years, what are some of those mixtapes?
DJ Nero Maserati:  First mixtape I was ever apart of was with my bro Potency. We had a promotion company called 312T, and we put together a mixtape of course with the same name 312T.  The T was for Takeover.  Then I did my second mixtape with Dawreck (Triple Darkness).  It was called Living Legend.  These mixtapes was long before now and what I'm doing. Now my catalog is extensive like I dropped 21 mixtapes this year. From BUMP J, BO DEAL, DO OR DIE AND TWISTA. To MASERATI CHRONICLES, CHICAGO'S WAY 1 & 2, GLOBAL NEWS, AND DOIN #'S VOL 1~4. Just to name a few. And the all can be found on SPINRILLA.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  How would you describe a DJ Nero Maserati mixtape?
DJ Nero Maserati:  They describe themselves. Each one is different. Have they own lanes. You have to listen for yourself and come up with an description. Outside of that I'm CHICAGO'S HOTTEST DJ. Best description ever. They represent who I am.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  You have a new mixtape set to drop on Dec. 20th, could you tell the readers a little about that?
DJ Nero Maserati:  Yeah CW3 RELOADED.  CHICAGO'S WAY 3. The saga continues.  I'm putting together a classic. Chicago underground with a few out of town guest. All original music.  All I can say it's #DOPE. I know I didn't say much cause I don't want to give anything away. Just be prepared when it drops. I'm ending the year with an incredible Mixtape. I know everybody that listens to it will enjoy it.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What can listeners expect on this upcoming mixtape?
DJ Nero Maserati:  Super #DOPE underground rap/hip~hip. Some legends. Some independent artists. Some mainstream artist. Something for everybody. Very well rounded. I got some California love, New Orleans love, and a lot of Chicago love on this project.  A Classic Mixtape.




South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What sets DJ Nero Maserati aside from all the other DJ's in the game?
DJ Nero Maserati:  I'm an artist driven DJ.  I support the underground and independent artist.  I'm like they A&R. I break the music. I don't follow trends I set them. By introducing new sounds and artist to game. Rather it be from Chicago or not. If its dope I will play no matter where I am at a club doing a party or at an event hosting an open mic. I play it. I give it to the people. Most DJ'S only follow whats trending.  You don't stand out that way.  So if one of these artist break I did my job, and can say I was apart of that.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What has been two milestones in your career as a DJ right now?
DJ Nero Maserati:  One milestone is I threw some incredible concerts. Waka Flocka, Project Pat, Travis Porter, Maino, Zed Zilla, Scarface. Just to name a few. But my biggest milestone was my club the Rap Factory. Deemed CHICAGO'S Mecca for hip~hop by the Legendary Psyh(Psychodrama). We gave Chicago a great platform, and had some of CHICAGO'S HOTTEST UNDERGROUND ARTISTS there. BO DEAL, CRUCIAL CONFLICT, PSYCHODRAMA, PARIS BUELLER(BAND KAMP) KATIE GOT BANDZ, CO STILL, DAWRECK. Just to name a few. We set a mark on Chicago with it.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What was one of your worst experiences as a DJ and how did you learn or bounce back from it?
DJ Nero Maserati:  Can't recall a bad experience in being a DJ.  I guess losing the Rap Factory cause of the city officials, and Dj Nero Maserati was born from it.  Wasn't a real bounce back cause to this day it never seemed like a fall to bounce back from. Just created another lane and started doing Mixtapes. 180,000 views
and over 40,000 downloads collectively I say I'm doing great.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Who are some of the DJ's that you respect in the game right now?
DJ Nero Maserati:  CHICAGO'S HOTTEST DJ NERO MASERATI


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
DJ Nero Maserati:  Shining even harder. Still grinding for my underground and independent artist.  A few rap awards. Making history. RICH God willing.


South East Hip Hop Magazine: What are your plans for 2015?
DJ Nero Maserati:  Actually more Mixtapes. Internet Radio (no Blog Talk). Dropping a few singles.  Doing more events.  Getting back into concert Promotion. Fashion, and making Money.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  Any last minute plugs or shout outs?
DJ Nero Maserati:  Shout to Chicago. All my people out here grinding to make a difference and keeping a culture alive. Love all of you. Cause without the music and the artist I would have no purpose.  Also shout to all my people across the states and globe. Appreciate the opportunity to be allowed to get your music heard. Shout to my Management ChiAnn Management. She's doing a great job keeping me focused and on point. And shout out to SOUTHEAST HIP HOP MAGAZINE.  APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT.





No comments:

Post a Comment