LIVE TRAFFIC FEED

Share South East Hip Hop Magazine

Gunplay

The Empire

The Empire
((Click Banner To Visit The Site))

Art Of Life Unlimited

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

J*Midd proves that you can party Sober!

Rising Atlanta, GA rap sensation J*Midd sits down with South East Hip Hop Magazine to discuss his latest single "I Know How To Party", future projects and explains that you don't need alcohol to enjoy yourself.  Read all about what he has to say.


South East Hip Hop Magazine:  What has J*Midd been up to these days?
J*Midd:  I am recently working on my new Project entitled The Redefinition Of Party.  I feel the club scene and party scene as a whole has changed tremendously, and has somewhat grown awkward. I feel that the message that the music industry sends to our youth is out of line and straight up unnecessary.  When I say The Redefinition Of Party I party in my own way.  I prove that I can be in the club stealing the spotlight, but in a clean and conservative way.  No drink in my hand.  Don't have to be high or taking a female home every night after a show.  I prove I can make chart topping music without cursing or being explicit [or] talking about the everyday norms that music talks about Bottle Poppin', Smoking, Sex, etc.. This is a message I feel is needed and could definitely be a new market in itself, targeting more younger kids as well as their parents. Being ok to buy the CD for the kids is a source most other explicit music can't target.
Outside of that I have a CD coming out in December backing the "I Know How To Party" campaign.  Same concept as the album dropping next year.  All positive uptempo songs, proving what I mean when I say "I Know How To Party".

How would you describe your latest single "I Know How To Party"?
"I Know How To Party" is definitely a down south, ATL, Club banger... It has the bounce to really get a crowd hype, and a catchy repetitive hook that can get stuck in the heads of anyone who hears it.  As I mentioned above.  I party in my own clean and positive way.  So this is one of my ways of subliminally stating "I Know How To Party" and take over the spotlight and in a direction our youth needs to be directed toward. 


What makes you "Mr. I Know How To Party?"
NO ONE is doing what I'm attempting to do.  Be a light in a dark world.. Everything is drink this, smoke that, Take her home and smash.. and all the above.. So I've taken the "gentleman route" as far as being the good clean cut guy, coming to take your girl if your not careful type way.  I have a positive vibe to me, always smiling, always standing out in a crowd, always sober, respectful, and genuine.  THAT is the life of the party in my eyes, and a route no one has taken.  That is why I think this concept and lifestyle as a whole is a great marketing tool that can generate a lot of opportunities.

We also see that you are selling promotional T-Shirts to go along with the "I Know How To Party" theme, do you plan on doing T-Shirts for other songs or other types of designs to further promote what you do?
I'm becoming known for my clothing and apparel product.  Last years was "Where's The Party At" and "HaterProof" for 2 songs I had.  This year is "I Know How to Party."  I always like coming up with creative ways to brand and market the records I push, and T-Shirts and other merchandise are a great way to get the visuals and the brand out there in the streets.

Getting back to your forthcoming album Redefinition of a Party, what else can listeners expect to hear on this project?
I touched on this a little bit in the previous questions, but this album will consist of high energy, Top 40, Euro, Hip Hop, and even some Rock.  All high energy, good positive and clean songs that young kids can listen to, as well as the older crowd.  My sound and delivery is very different and unique, you will never hear the melodies and harmonies I do anywhere else.  My goal is to definitely stand out with something different and very special when this album drops. I have high expectations for it.

How would you describe the perfect Party Atmosphere?
The perfect party atmosphere for me is all about where the music is.  When the music is loud and the lights are flashing, people are more focused on just having a good time, wanting to dance and get lost in the music. 

A lot of people are catching on to your music through the Internet and we see that you have become one of the most talked about up and coming artists on Mocospace's Mobile Community, how do you feel about that? 
I feel very humbled to hear that.  I'm glad people are responding and respecting the music, knowing its very different. I would love to build personal relationships with everyone that shows love to the music. I'm definitely a people person.  I'm definitely appreciative and hope that they all get a chance to hear the entire project soon.

Aside from rapping, do you have any plans of getting your hands in any other projects in the Entertainment industry such as acting or anything else?
I have been approached to do some acting and modeling.  I'm open to do anything that involves networking and opening doors.  My strong point is song writing, so getting into the publishing aspect is my main goal for sure.
For more information on J*Midd and his forthcoming album go to http://www.jmiddnews.blogspot.com
Follow J*Midd on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/jmiddmuzik

No comments:

Post a Comment